Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Starting out Sick

Does it ever seem to you that when you start to "turn over a new leaf" or institute some kind of "big" change in scheduling or how you deal with your kids or work or whatever, that before you can really get the good habits firmly established you get sidelined with some sickness? It seems that way to me. Maybe it doesn't happen every time, but it happens often enough for it to feel like it's every time. Sure enough starting school is no exception. I shouldn't be too surprised. After all Hurb does work in the public school and comes into contact with any number of icky germs. I'll go ahead and let him take the blame this time around though I don't think there's really much point in trying to figure out where every illness came from. Hurb came down with a cold a couple of days ago. Night before last our littlest Sweetie-Pie got me up 4 times in the night when I finally figured out she probably had it too, and yesterday Lad #2 was having royal meltdowns because "buggers keep coming out of my nose!" Yep, we're dropping like flies. Last night Sweetie-Pie got me up more like 6x's though I stopped keeping track. All I know is I saw a lot more of the 12-4 numbers on the clock than I like to see! Bubba and I have been okay through the onslaught so far, so we've been slogging our way through school. However, my throat is getting scratchy and I heard him sneezing recently, so I have a feeling we'll be keeling over soon. So here's the question, when do homeschoolers get sick days? Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment