Monday, August 13, 2012

Catching Up

I've known that this whole school thing was quickly approaching, but I guess I wanted to get the most out of summer without putting too much brain-power out in preparing for school. Ha ha! Yeah, you veteran homeschool moms will laugh at me or roll your eyes at my inexperience, and you're perfectly welcome too. It's true I should have started getting better prepared earlier, but I didn't. And it's not just a novice mistake, I've been a teacher before, remember, so it was just reluctance and denial on my part. ;) Anyway, we don't have a room in our house that can be a designated school room. I'm not sure yet, how I feel about that. But we do have a desk in the lads' room, and were recently given 2 actual school desks to figure out how to use. I already know that we are all going to start out the school day together with the pledges and Bible story. Likely, since my oldest lad will be commandeering my laptop for his school videos, we can do that part in the main house area, or at the dining table. After that, he will be able to take his video to his room where, hopefully, distractions will be much less since the other 2 will be occupied in the rest of the house. That's the plan anyway. I have this premonition that the younger 2 are not going to be content to "miss out" on all the fun that big bro is having with his video school, but we're all going to have to make adjustments. The 2 school desks I plan to use for arts/crafts time with the older 2 kids. The preschool curriculum and the k5 both have plenty of art projects that they will love to do. But for this week I am playing catch up by trying to get our "responsibility" cards in order and the sticker chart set up the way I want it. Problem is I haven't figured out exactly how I want it yet, so it's a challenge. ;) Fortunately the videos have not arrived yet, so I feel, however misleadingly, that I still "have time" to get all of my thoughts and loose ends in order before we officially start. Hope it all comes together so my mind can feel a bit less frazzled.

No comments:

Post a Comment