Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Deep Breaths

Tomorrow is THE day we start school! Today I have been browsing the video manual and trying desperately to wrap my head around this whole thing. I don't feel ready, but I'm convince that I wouldn't feel ready no matter how long I put it off. :) We don't have a "school room" but we have some desks and a laptop ready to go. We don't have our pencils sharpened, but we DO have our school supplies. I don't know why my heart feels so anxious over this step. It may be for a lot of reasons. My own anxieties over school in the past, the difficulties that I've had with my children this summer, the physical hurtles that have been bugging me lately (can anyone empathize with the crippling effects of a migraine?) as well as a host of other things that could be contributing to my reluctance to get this ball rolling. Regardless of all of that, we are going to start tomorrow. It's earlier than what I want to start in subsequent years, but I guess I'd rather start early and finish early, right? Besides we have a trip planned and would like a little wiggle room in our Fall schedules. Homeschooling perk!! I keep preaching to myself that this school is going to be a good thing. I am excited to see what our Bubba absorbs since I know his brain is like a little sponge right now. Still, I have that old "butterflies in the stomach" feeling that I've always had since the time I was itty bitty when faced with something new and unknown. My lad gets that way too. It's uncanny how sometimes I can totally understand him, and others I have no clue, ha! Anyway, wish us luck... or better yet, pray for us. I'm hopeful that this school year will see many awesome things happen in our family and each of our kids. I'll keep you posted (providing I survived) on how our Tomorrow goes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment