Saturday, July 28, 2012

Requiring the Best

I saw this post today when I was browsing my RSS feed. It's from Devotions for Moms. I often skim over those blog posts without reading them, but I'm glad that I read it today. She briefly discusses some of her own feelings in dealing with her strong willed child, and they resounded with me because I feel that way too! The part about her heart feeling tired lately was one I could really relate to! I often feel just completely mentally and emotionally spent as I struggle through the days with one of my children in particular. I too 'tip-toe' around trying not to "set off" another meltdown or tantrum simply because I don't feel "up" to dealing with it at that moment. But reading this has encouraged me to stop doing that. To start expecting and requiring the best from my children. Even if they are strong willed and even if it means we will be "going rounds" for some time. Which it inevitably will. I know it. I also know that if I don't start now and make these difficult changes that when it comes to the hard days in homeschool it will be that much harder to stick with it and push through.

No comments:

Post a Comment