Monday, December 24, 2012

Behind for the Holidays

So we are behind in school. It's official. I figured it may happen, but I was kind of hoping it wouldn't be till later in the year. We are 2 school days away from being 1/3 of the way through school. I had great ideas of having some "extra" days of school during Christmas break. However the way things have worked out that has not happened either. Surprised anyone? ;) Oh well. There's a time for School and there's a time to break from school. Right now it is a break time for sure! Once school starts back up in Jan though, I have a plan! My idea is for Qade to do a full day of all his classes and then a second day of the "main" subjects till we get caught up. I know it may deteriorate into being just 2 days of main subjects, but we've got to get it done. Perhaps some would argue that activity time and oral language development ought to be "main" subjects and given as much weight as phonics and numbers, but I disagree. And there will be time for music, art and poems once we have caught up to where we need to be. So wish me luck for January. It'l be a challenge to convince the lad that it's how we need to do things for awhile, but it will be worth it in the long run. Doing school all summer is NOT an option for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment