Thursday, September 5, 2013

Well, we're all still breathing

Well it was a hurkey-jerky start but school is underway! Here we go!! The first day of school is NOT my favorite. Granted today could have been made easier by better prep on my part. Perhaps I'll remember that when the time comes NEXT year. ;) But honestly, we just needed to dive in and get 'er going. So that's what we did. I felt a bit like a chicken with it's head cut off running around between 2 boys trying to work through various issues like not being able to find the earphones, not being able to hear the teacher, not being able to move from one video section to the next without the whole thing starting over, the computer "spitting out" the DVD's, not having crayons, needing a pencil sharpened... you get the idea. :) Plus now I have an almost 3 year old little girl who doesn't know what in the world to do with herself now that there is no one to irritate or no one irritating her all morning. Plus having to work in the feedings and diaper changes and naps for the twins. Yes, I was ping-ponging all over the place today. So no, the first day(s) of school are not my favorite. Once the lads know their routines, and we've got all the technical glitches worked out (some of our computer components are pretty old and finicky) and once I've got some better ideas in the bag for keeping lil/big sis out of everyone's hair and occupied and engaged, then I think it'll be a nice thing to have school to keep us all busy. For now however, it's enough that we're all still breathing at the end of the first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment