Friday, March 9, 2012

Lookin' Teachery

I wear contacts because glasses just irritate me. I have to have them 100% clean all of the time or I can't stand it. I'm sure you can imagine that it's nearly impossible to keep them clean while playing with and caring for 3 munchkins. And it's especially so because it's such a novelty when I do wear them that my daughter thinks it must be a game to try to pull them off of my face with her grimy little hands. Once I've convinced her that it's not okay, then she proceeds to nuzzle her face on mine... which is sweet, but doesn't make for clean and clear glasses. So all of that to say, I don't like to wear my glasses. But my eyes have been attacked by allergies recently. They seem to get worse year by year, ugh! So I try to give them a break by letting them go contact free for a little while. So what does this have to do with homeschooling? Well, as if all of the above isn't reason enough for not wanting to wear my glasses, my oldest lad told me yesterday, "Mom you look like a teacher when you wear glasses." WHAT? I have no idea where he is getting this concept, though he did mention some of his Sunday School teachers who wear glasses. Ha ha! Funny, funny lad! I suppose if I need to pull out all the stops once we get going into our K5 year, I'll just have to put on the teacher glasses. ;) Later then.

No comments:

Post a Comment